Welcome

Welcome to all who visit this Blog whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis or have a loved one who does. Hopefully this will help all who read understand that they are not alone even though MS affects us all in very different ways. Maybe it can help open eyes of those around who do not know the unpredictability of daily life with MS.
The purpose of this blog is to offer support and inspiration. Please feel free to share any useful information that you have gathered along your journey and words of inspiration. It is hard to overcome all the obstacles we must face and it is nice to hear ways people have adapted. Inspirational stories and anectedotes are especially sought after.
If you post and suffer from Vision disabilities you are welcome to post in all capitals and no one will think that you are shouting.
my blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

purpose

Well, I forget what day of steroids I am on, which is good thing I have a pill box.  I am going to see a new Neurologist tomorrow, one who doesn't specialize in MS but one who is actually plagued by the disease herself.  I am looking for a different perspective on this disease, something beyond the box.  I am interested in seeing if she has symptoms that aren't classified as "MS" symptoms
I think if I can survive unscathed, meaning being able to stayed employed, I will further my nursing career and become an advanced practice nurse for MS.  That way I can empathize more with the patients being in the midst of it myself.  I really would like to be involved with research so I can help with finding a cure and even what the real cause is.
I believe with all my being that there is a reason that I have this disease.  I have a strong desire to be involved with helping people out like myself.  The problem is I have to get myself to that place where I can.  All these setbacks can be kind of discouraging, but I think there are lessons to be learned.  Perhaps these lessons will be what allows me to help and encourage others.

'When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.'  ~Alexander Graham Bell

No comments: