Welcome

Welcome to all who visit this Blog whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis or have a loved one who does. Hopefully this will help all who read understand that they are not alone even though MS affects us all in very different ways. Maybe it can help open eyes of those around who do not know the unpredictability of daily life with MS.
The purpose of this blog is to offer support and inspiration. Please feel free to share any useful information that you have gathered along your journey and words of inspiration. It is hard to overcome all the obstacles we must face and it is nice to hear ways people have adapted. Inspirational stories and anectedotes are especially sought after.
If you post and suffer from Vision disabilities you are welcome to post in all capitals and no one will think that you are shouting.
my blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Field Guide

I think that once you have been diagnosed with MS, you should be handed a field guide.  One that tells you how to handle any given situation.  For example, on page 33 it would tell you in situation where you stumble and fall in public say a quick one liner joke like "Thanks everyone for coming today, that's all folks"!!!  On page 61 it would go over how to date with MS, like how to handle slurred speech during a date. For example, step one play coy and demure, answering with just yes and no answers.  Step two, bat your eyes, listen intently and let him do all the talking etc.......  On page 102, it would be on MS and fashion statements, such as how to coordinate your cane with your handbag.


I really would like MS to be a straight forward disease, following a consistent pattern.  I think that is what is hardest about MS, it is so variable from person to person. I have heard so many stories about somebodies aunt uncle's cousin's friend who has MS and they are working, hiking, shopping, living it up just like normal.  Well, I want someone to say that story about me, except it's not happening to me.  Hmpfff!!!  Today my body was not cooperating.  Went to work in the morning yesterday just fine, but in the 7th hour of the day, I was so fatigued that my legs were not cooperating, my speech was slurred, and my vertigo worsened.  Went back to work today even though I had not really improved much, and of course back home in 4 hours.  Where is that Field Guide when you need it?  Page 120, how to remain a productive person in society.


http://www.godvine.com/The-Hospital-Window-a-Truly-Inspirational-Short-Video-23.html


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, I love you and your spirit. I just cannot imagine all the negative thoughts that must go through your head, yet you are such an inspiration with your positive outlook. Few would ever know of your search for the "field guide".

Unknown said...

Thank-you so much. If you come across that Field Guide let me know :o)