Welcome

Welcome to all who visit this Blog whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis or have a loved one who does. Hopefully this will help all who read understand that they are not alone even though MS affects us all in very different ways. Maybe it can help open eyes of those around who do not know the unpredictability of daily life with MS.
The purpose of this blog is to offer support and inspiration. Please feel free to share any useful information that you have gathered along your journey and words of inspiration. It is hard to overcome all the obstacles we must face and it is nice to hear ways people have adapted. Inspirational stories and anectedotes are especially sought after.
If you post and suffer from Vision disabilities you are welcome to post in all capitals and no one will think that you are shouting.
my blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Driving Me Crazy

I drove for the first time in almost 2 months today.  It felt good to have a little more of my independence.  I have not been able to drive because I have been so dizzy.  Tomorrow I have to work, but I will have to take the bus. I can drive myself there but by the end of the day my symptoms are so much worse. 
It is very hard when you are housebound and have to rely on someone else to drive you around.  I can't imagine those that are housebound permanently.  I hope and pray that I never have this happen to me on a permanent basis. When my kids are at school, my husband at work, and I am housebound, the days are so lonely.  I hope that I am never in that place again.
All this is incentive to keep doing those daily shots.  Hoping that I am getting the true research medicine and not the placebo.  Anything to not be in that place again.
The last couple of days I have even been able to go to the stores again. My walking has improved so much, sometimes , for short distances, I can even go without my trusty sidekick, the cane.  Woo-Hoo.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."   ~~~E.E. Cummings

No comments: