Welcome

Welcome to all who visit this Blog whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis or have a loved one who does. Hopefully this will help all who read understand that they are not alone even though MS affects us all in very different ways. Maybe it can help open eyes of those around who do not know the unpredictability of daily life with MS.
The purpose of this blog is to offer support and inspiration. Please feel free to share any useful information that you have gathered along your journey and words of inspiration. It is hard to overcome all the obstacles we must face and it is nice to hear ways people have adapted. Inspirational stories and anectedotes are especially sought after.
If you post and suffer from Vision disabilities you are welcome to post in all capitals and no one will think that you are shouting.
my blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Today

I spent the day writing  a paper for school.  It seems like such a weird thing to do in the midst of a disabling illness, going back to school I mean.  I am an RN already, but no bachelors degree.  What is the point?  Well in my convoluted way of thinking it is to secure my future.  I have come to terms with the fact that I will never be a floor nurse again, so I am in dire need of some future security.  My goal is to get my Masters degree in Health Education, so I can teach.  There are a lot of programs with online courses these days.  If I can become an instructor I will be actively involved in the nursing field still.
Anyway, back to the paper. I was able to finish writing it today.  I wish that I had this self-discipline before I became sick. I have been doing things ahead of schedule, just in case.  It's that unpredictability thing again.  I never know when or where.  Sometimes I feel like I spend my days preparing for the floor to fall out from beneath my feet.
The trouble with always trying to preserve the health of the body is that it is so difficult to do without destroying the health of the mind.  ~G.K. Chesterton

No comments: