Welcome

Welcome to all who visit this Blog whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis or have a loved one who does. Hopefully this will help all who read understand that they are not alone even though MS affects us all in very different ways. Maybe it can help open eyes of those around who do not know the unpredictability of daily life with MS.
The purpose of this blog is to offer support and inspiration. Please feel free to share any useful information that you have gathered along your journey and words of inspiration. It is hard to overcome all the obstacles we must face and it is nice to hear ways people have adapted. Inspirational stories and anectedotes are especially sought after.
If you post and suffer from Vision disabilities you are welcome to post in all capitals and no one will think that you are shouting.
my blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Brain Fog

Today is the day before my 4 in a row work schedule and I am dreading it.  Not because I don't want to work, but because I am hoping I can survive it.  My plan is to rest most of today so that maybe my energy reserves will take me through the next 4 days.  I am grateful to be working still. I really think the interactions I have at work are therapeutic for me otherwise I would be stuck in a house all day long.
It is difficult for me to get out of the house much on the days my husband works because I get so dizzy when I drive and sometimes when I am out and about my thoughts get all confused.  This is especially true when I am in an area with a lot of people around and in very busy areas.  Its almost like my brain can not decipher too much information at one time.  It gets overloaded really quickly.
When I go to the grocery store, I have to plan on what to get.  If I don't then it seems I wander around aimlessly trying to figure out and find what I am looking for.  I end up walking back and forth across the store, which leads me to be completely and utterly exhausted (mentally and physically).  By the time I get to the checkout, I must look like death warmed over.  I try not to carry on a conversation with the cashier as I am sure nothing I say would make very much sense.
If you ever have a conversation with me and I am exhausted, I would like to apologize ahead of time.  It is not that I don't find what you say interesting, it's that for some reason I can not process what you are saying.  I can't tell you how many times people have told me something and I have no idea what they have just said.  It is rather embarassing. I have always been told that I am a rather intelligent person, and I do consider myself to be for the most part, but lately my ability to absorb information is nill.
"He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever."....Chinese Proverb

No comments: