Welcome

Welcome to all who visit this Blog whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis or have a loved one who does. Hopefully this will help all who read understand that they are not alone even though MS affects us all in very different ways. Maybe it can help open eyes of those around who do not know the unpredictability of daily life with MS.
The purpose of this blog is to offer support and inspiration. Please feel free to share any useful information that you have gathered along your journey and words of inspiration. It is hard to overcome all the obstacles we must face and it is nice to hear ways people have adapted. Inspirational stories and anectedotes are especially sought after.
If you post and suffer from Vision disabilities you are welcome to post in all capitals and no one will think that you are shouting.
my blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bummer

Went to work today, made it almost the full 8 hours.  I am still in my grumpy and blue faze.   I just don't understand why I can't get back to a more normal state.
Hold on, Hit the brakes.  This blog is not supposed to be so down in the dumps.  Its supposed to be inspiring and uplifting.  The problem is that this blogger needs some lifting up....... Hmmmm what to do.
I am going to say what I am grateful for given the MS.  I am grateful that I can walk, albeit at a pokey pace, but still walking.  I am grateful that I can still work, sort of.  I am grateful that I am able to function and do my daily tasks on my own.  I am grateful that when I do need help that I know my husband and my family and friends are there for me (especially my sweet sweet husband).  I am grateful that my pain is getting so much better.  I am grateful that I can afford my medications.  I am grateful that I am able to see my doctors without worrying about medical bills piling up.  
MS, this mysterious disease, is trying its best to make me miserable but I am determined to fight it all the way.  Some days I may need to put on bigger boxing gloves and some days I may need a little bandaid here and there, but I am not going to let this illness take me down.  I will kick and scream the whole way.
I will lift up my illness to the Lord and let him ease my troubles and worries.  He will give me the strength that I need, no matter what I am fighting.
Today is Ash Wednesday and going to church will help my blues.  I will pray and ask for strength and guidance. 

1 comment:

bltomson@gmail.com said...

you are doing wonderful..just do your best and you will succeed in your own way..you are a strong young woman and will overcome this thing called MS