Welcome

Welcome to all who visit this Blog whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis or have a loved one who does. Hopefully this will help all who read understand that they are not alone even though MS affects us all in very different ways. Maybe it can help open eyes of those around who do not know the unpredictability of daily life with MS.
The purpose of this blog is to offer support and inspiration. Please feel free to share any useful information that you have gathered along your journey and words of inspiration. It is hard to overcome all the obstacles we must face and it is nice to hear ways people have adapted. Inspirational stories and anectedotes are especially sought after.
If you post and suffer from Vision disabilities you are welcome to post in all capitals and no one will think that you are shouting.
my blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

can't wait for the chipmunk cheeks

Well yesterday was an interesting day to say the least.  I was starting to recover from some of my Neuro symptoms related to my cold virus and I went to work and then BAM, I started dragging my right leg, my speech was very slow and hard to understand, my right hand was not cooperating, had some very painful stabbing pain up the left side of my head and etc...  Needless to say my boss drove me to my hospital where they told me to go to the ER.  Spent a few hours in the ER and now I am back on steroids for MS excacerbation.
Steroids are a blessing and a curse.  Makes your MS symptoms better and the first few days its like a reprieve, then the side effects set in.  Can't wait for the chipmunk cheeks to return.  Oh and lets not forget the facial hair and the buffalo hump, boy won't I be the sexy lady then.  The worst side effects for me are the nausea and the headaches that these steroids afford.  Oh yeah and I am one of those lucky ones that get the weight gain almost instantaneously..  Talk about improving you self esteem,  NOT.
My poor husband.  He gets to get the other side effect of steroids.  Labile emotions.  One minute I am a real sweet lady and the next minute my head starts to spin and things spew out of my mouth.  Then comes the water works, especially if my pants don't fit.  And through it all he is a saint (well one that has a little tarnish to his halo), but a saint never the less.
But as a wise man once said "And this too shall pass"

No comments: